Thursday 22 November 2018

shadow; I wake up so wakes my friend which follows me

by Athar

I wake up so wakes my friend which follows me
where ever I roam it follows me
sometimes runs faster than me
sometimes lacks behind me

it follows my every step and action
it cheats me as is my mirror
it doesn't have face and color but looks like me
it feels awkward as every time you are followed


it was tired day and walking along the lake
I desired to cross the lake but before me,
it was crossed by it and stretched across the shore 


the red horizon crumbles it, runs far and far
the land turns dark and erases my shadow, leaving me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh blessed one: A Prophet's Journey

By Athar Mudasir  The heavens danced on your arrival. Birds viped elephants. Palaces shock and crack. A radiant light descends in the middle...